New windows 10 sure does have a lot of bugs. Some of your devices stop working on your desktop/computer? Frustrating isn’t it? When you rectify the issue you may see an error saying Device not migrated.
Well, you are not the one who is facing this type of error. Rest assured there are a few ways to fix available for Device not migrated on Windows 10.
Below are the 4 best fixes to solve the Device not migrated error –
Fix 1: Check your system files
There is a possibility that your system files are damaged so your device was not migrated successfully. Here are the steps to recover the system files –
- Click on windows and search for CMD. Right-click on the CMD and select Run as administrator.
- When prompted by User Control, Click on “Yes” or in few cases “RUN“.
- Type the following – sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- You will have to wait till the verification is 100% complete. It takes around 15-45 mins.
- Reboot your system and check again if your device is running.
Fix 2: Update your chipset driver
Also, the error may cause due to an incorrect chipset or old driver. The steps above have resolved the issue but sometimes the error may be caused due to some other driver issues. So if they do not resolve the issue you can do it my updated the drivers manually or doing it with Drivereasy.
The Drivereasy can easily recognize the drivers and present you with an option to update it all. The pro version of it also allows you with other options. They even give you a money-back guarantee. Let’s take a look at the steps.
- Download from Divereast from the website and install it.
- After installing, run the program and click on the scan now button. It will scan the drivers for the problems.
- Click on Update all to download & install the correct version of the drivers which were missing or were out of date. This requires a pro version. Don’t worry you can do it in the free version as well but a little off manual work.
- Reboot the system to see the necessary changes.
Fix 3: Reinstall the specific device driver
The device not migrated error is occurred due to incorrect device driver. In some cases, a specific driver is cauisng you this error so you can manually uninstall the driver and install it again to fix the issue. Let’s look at the steps. For example, you have an issue in your keyboard section –
- Go to Device Manager. (Right-click on the My Computer from Start menu or Desktop.)
- Select the Keyboard section and right-click for the options and choose Uninstall.
- Either click on Install or reboot the systems. Rebooting the system will automatically download the drivers and install them for you.
- After rebooting check again if the changes are applied.
Fix 4: Fix for USB Device not migrated
There’s a slight possibility that USD device is not migrated you can follow the steps in the Fix 3 to solve the same.
That’s all for the solutions/fixes. Hopefully, your error device not migrated is fixed on your Windows 10 computer. Feel free to ask questions in the comment section or mail us for any difficulties.